Sports Information Director
ELGIN, Ill. – The Holy Cross men's basketball team continued their four-game road trip on Monday night with their lone meeting of the regular season with the Eagles of Judson University. Trailing at just one possession in the game, the Saints responded from a slow shooting performance on Saturday to finish the game 31-for-56 from the floor on their way to a 74-52 victory over Judson in Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC) action. Brandon Evans (Grand Rapids, Mich.) led a trio of Saints who reached double figures with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds.
After giving up an early 5-0 run in the early stages of Monday night's conference matchup, the Saints were quick to regain momentum on both ends of the floor. With just a two-point lead at the midway point of the first half, the Saints rallied off an 11-2 run to take a 24-13 lead with 5:08 to play. A free-throw by Turner Schwarz brought Judson to within nine before a Drew Moore (Dayton, Ohio) jumper capped off a 6-0 run by the Saints to take a 32-17 lead to the break.
The Saints went 13-for-24 (54.2%) from the field in the first half while holding the Eagles to 7-of-28 (25.0%) from the field and 1-for-12 (8.3%) from distance. Drew Moore led the team with nine points while Brandon Evans and Parker Dominguez (Santa Clarita, Calif.) contributed six points apiece.
The productive shooting in the first half carried over into the second for the Saints as they continued to fire away from the field above 50%. With their lead never getting closer than 13, Drew Moore extended it to 21 points following a three-pointer at the 11:19 mark.
A late 16-3 run by the Saints extended their lead to as many as 31 points with less than three minutes to play before the Eagles closed out the game on a 9-0 run to bring us to a final score of 74-52.
Brandon Evans added 12 points in the second half on 5-for-7 shooting to finish with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Parker Dominguez added nine points and five rebounds in the second half as he finished with a productive 15 points and seven rebounds. Drew Moore rounded out a trio of Saints reaching double figures with 12 points.
- With a pair of three-pointers, Drew Moore is now one three-point field goal behind Yama Kader's program-best 74 made in a single season.
- The Saints improved to 14-0 on the season when scoring at least 70 points in game.
- This marks the 10th time the Saints have shot above 50% from the field this season. They've won every game when making 50% of their shots from the field.
- Drew Moore (6th, 377) and Brandon Evans (10th, 321) each crack the top-10 single season mark for points. This is the second consecutive year Evans has cracked the top-10.
- With the win, the Saints have extended their program-best win total to 18 games. They currently sit at 18-8 overall. Their 11-4 record in the CCAC is also the most wins they've registered in conference play.
The Saints (18-8, 11-4 CCAC) will hit the road again on Wednesday, February 12 for their final meeting of the year against Purdue Calumet. The Saints knocked off the Peregrines earlier this season 70-64 at McKenna Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 pm EST.