Sports Information Director
CHICAGO, Ill. – Holy Cross College's Lindsey Steffen was recognized by the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC) this weekend, as the league released its 2013-2014 postseason awards following the CCAC Tournament championship. Steffen's efforts during her senior season garnered her recognition on the All-CCAC Honorable Mention team.
Steffen enjoyed a successful senior campaign where she led the Saints in scoring (12.9 ppg) and rebounding (8.1 rpg). The Nappanee, Indiana native reached double figures in 19 games this season, while also leading the team with six double-doubles. She became the first player in Holy Cross women's basketball history to grab 1,000 career rebounds and will leave school as the all-time leader in points (1,708) and rebound (1,059).
- Scored a program-best and career-high 34 points in the win over CCAC-rival IU South Bend (Feb. 5).
- Matched a career-best with 21 rebounds against Robert Morris (Feb. 15).
- Has received a postseason award in each season with Saints:
- 2012-13 CCAC Honorable Mention
- 2011-12 First Team All-CCAC
- 2010-11: First Team All-CCAC; Freshman of the Year
- Steffen will graduate with a program-best 46 double-doubles in her career.
The Saints wrapped up the 2013-2014 season with an overall record of 8-22. The team also hosted its first-ever CCAC tournament game.