Head Coach - Men's Lacrosse
Department: Athletic Department
Reports to Supervisor: Director of Athletics
Holy Cross College is a Catholic, four-year, co-educational, liberal arts institution located in Notre Dame, Indiana. With a 13:1 student to faculty ratio, students find personal attention from professors who care about their success. We rely on faculty and staff to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character to meet their professional goals and to live lives of purpose and integrity.
Typical Schedule: Part time as needed. Typical for this position is evenings, and weekends according to the practice and game schedule of the student athletes.
Purpose: The selected candidate will insure the team operates and conducts themselves within the ideals and goals set forth by Holy Cross College and the rules and regulations of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the Great Lakes Lacrosse League).
Essential Job Duties
- Instructing/coaching student athletes.
- Conducting practices.
- Scheduling games.
- Arranging team transportation.
- Developing and managing a team budget.
- Order equipment as needed to serve the needs of the program.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Promoting the men's lacrosse program in the college and community.
- Promoting the five core values of the NAIA Champions of Character program;Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Servant Leadership, Sportsmanship
- Recruiting Holy Cross College 'fit' students as athletes.
- Developing the leadership of assistant coaches, and captains.
- Serving as an example of faith based leadership while demanding appropriate
- conduct at all times from athletes.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years' experience as a lacrosse coach.
- Knowledge and experience using email and administrative websites.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including, evenings, and weekends as may be necessary to serve the needs of the team.
- Highly motivated person who is task oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team atmosphere, and with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is 'at will' meaning either the college or employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability,or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information), via mail to: Human Resources [email protected]. Position open until filled
Or, hard copies may be sent to:
Holy Cross College
PO Box 308
Notre Dame, IN 46556-0308